Investigation: Graphic Organizer
Ensuring a sense of success within the classroom is vital. How does Authentic Assessment contribute to this?
Known or Agreed Upon
Success is not...
Confusions of Contradictions of Authentic Assessment
- Time consuming for students and teachers
- Some areas may be disadvantaged in regards to resources
- Costing is more than standardised tests
- Authentic Assessment may present bias by the assessor
- Collaborative assessment may be difficult to mark
- Extensive professional development may be necessary for teachers
- Less reliable and valid
Resolution- How does Authentic Assessment contribute to success in the classroom?
- Students need to have a clear idea of what the task is and have had time to become familiar with the assessment type. E.g. practice, class discussion.
- Using scenarios from students’ daily lives to ensure a more reflective and interesting assessment piece.
- Student centered approach to learning.
- Encourage students to monitor their own learning.
- Exciting way to stimulate learning and make it more relevant.
- Students need to know why they are learning something and authentic assessment represents a way of teaching this.